Sunday, August 15, 2010

Felion-K9

Skylar needs clean underpants, I head to the laundry room and get them. Upon leaving the laundry room my dog,Myka, is blocking the exit snout down rooting behind the recycle box. I try to encourage her to move, and eventually nudge her with my leg. And low & behold, in her mouth is a mouse! A MOUSE!!! So I scream, she drops it, I jump.... Then I call her back and say "get it!" so the loyal girl she is, that's what she does! It's then I notice the trap on it's tail! She now has it at the bottom of the stairs which the children are curiously climbing down. I am traped in the laundry room yelling for them to stay put, timber is telling me no while I am very sternly saying yes! All the while myka stands between us, her victim under her stance. Then the mouse moves again, myka pounces-I scream-timber cries... I eventually get a box from the recycle, cover the mouse and quickly move upstairs. my four legged hero remains lying in front of her kill. Skylar wants us to kill it with a kitchen knife and then examine it for teeth wounds! Yeah, like that's gonna happen!

Too much excitment for me. It will remain under the box until the man of the house returns from his expedition!

2 comments:

wendy d said...

Bravo for you! You managed to keep yourself relativly cool and handled the situation. My fist reaction was: yup, sounds like a regular 'before going to church because I need to now be forgiven for what I said/done/thought' Sunday morning! LMOL...

Anonymous said...

I will be very lauren with this post... hahahahahahahahahaha